1. Hey, The Pop Shoppe wasn’t around for a while. Where did it go?
The Pop Shoppe enjoyed a good amount of success during the 70s and early 80s as a price-busting brand. Then the Cola Wars happened. Duh-duh-duh. In the early 80s, major supermarket chains began selling their own line of value-priced pop. This was a dark time for smaller companies who responded by further reducing their prices. Many of these companies, including The Pop Shoppe, didn’t make it.
2. When did The Pop Shoppe come back?
It turns out you just can’t keep a good brand down. The Pop Shoppe began showing up in store coolers again in 2004 and has since become Canada’s #1 premium soft drink.
3. So, where can I find The Pop Shoppe pop?
Where can’t you find it? We’re practically everywhere and continuing to grow. You can find The Pop Shoppe at Zellers, Costco, Giant Tiger and 7-Eleven. And if you don’t have any of those fine establishments nearby, you can find us in many supermarkets and corner stores. We’re even popping up in restaurants. We’re that popular.
4. Did Eddie Shack own The Pop Shoppe?
The Pop Shoppe will be forever linked to fond memories of Eddie Shack and cheers of “Clear the track here comes Shack!” While he was never an owner, Eddie was a one-of-a-kind character and an invaluable pitchman in our early advertising campaigns. He truly had “a nose for value.”
5. Can you still return The Pop Shoppe Bottles?
Times have changed and refillable has become recyclable, meaning you’ll recycle our bottles just as you do any other bottles and cans. You do recycle, don’t you? Good!
6. How many flavours did The Pop Shoppe have?
Back in the day The Pop Shoppe had a whopping 26 flavours!
Yeah, 26! Crazy, right?
Well, that’s technically not a question but yeah, wow. Since our comeback in 2004 we’ve re-introduced ten of the original flavours and yes, we will be introducing more. Keep an eye on our news section for announcements.
9. Can I invest in a franchise?
We’re afraid that The Pop Shoppe franchise went the way of refillable bottles and the dodo. Maybe you can buy a Zellers or a Costco.
10. Do you think The Pop Shoppe would sponsor our team or donate to our event?
Maybe. It really depends. If you are a legit charity building housing for low income families or raising awareness about Ngoni Moss Frog habitat preservation, probably. If your name is Andrew and you just really like free stuff or it’s your turn to bring refreshments to your Thursday night poker game, probably not.
Here’s the nitty gritty:
- All requests must be made in writing on letterhead of the organization requesting a donation or sponsorship
- Letters must be faxed or mailed (E-mail requests will NOT be accepted)
- Donations will only be made to non-profit organizations that are registered charities (No, Andrew. The Texas Hold’em Association for Hope and Peace does not qualify as a charity. It doesn’t even really sound like one.)
AND we’re going to need a little info too:
- Brief description of the event
- Contact name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Date of the event (All requests MUST be received a minimum of six weeks prior to the event)
Send all requests to:
The Pop Shoppe PO Box 84012 Burlington, Ontario L7L 6S2
Or send your fax to:
905-634-3663 Attn: Community Relations
We get a lot of requests for sponsorship and donations and we simply can’t grant all of them. If we don’t grant yours (Andrew), we hope we can still be friends. We think you’re pretty cool.